Guided Biofilm Therapy and Dental Implants: What You Need to Know
Dental implants are revolutionizing the way people replace missing teeth. They offer a more permanent solution than traditional dentures or bridges. But, while dental implants are a great option for many, they require special care to ensure their longevity. This is where Guided Biofilm Therapy comes in.
What is Guided Biofilm Therapy?
Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) is an advanced dental hygiene treatment that removes plaque, tartar, and biofilm from teeth and implants. It is a minimally invasive, patient-friendly approach that uses state-of-the-art technology to identify and remove harmful microbes. Using GBT not only promotes cleaner teeth, but also healthier and more stable implants.
How Does Guided Biofilm Therapy Work?
GBT uses a combination of AIRFLOW, PERIOFLOW, and PIEZON technologies to clean and polish teeth and dental implants. Airflow is a powerful cleaning tool that uses air, water, and fine powder particles to remove stubborn stains and plaque. Perioflow is a specialized tool that uses a fine powder to detect and remove hidden bacteria from deep within the gum pockets. PIEZON is a gentle ultrasonic scaling tool that safely removes any remaining calculus and biofilm without damaging the implant surface.
GBT also uses a special dye called disclosing solution to highlight any remaining bacteria or plaque on the teeth or implants. This helps the dentist or hygienist ensure that all harmful microbes are removed.
Benefits of Guided Biofilm Therapy for Dental Implants
GBT offers many benefits for people with dental implants. Here are some of the key benefits:
1. Reduced risk of implant failure – GBT removes harmful bacteria and plaque from around the implant, reducing the risk of peri-implantitis (an inflammatory disease that can cause implant failure).
2. More effective cleaning – GBT can remove bacteria and plaque from areas that are difficult to reach with traditional cleaning methods.
3. Improved oral health – GBT promotes healthier gums and teeth, reducing the risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
4. Prolonged implant life – GBT helps to protect the implant, prolonging its life and reducing the need for costly implant replacements.
5. Minimally invasive – GBT is a gentle and minimally invasive procedure that does not require anesthesia.
6. Increased comfort – GBT is a comfortable cleaning method that does not cause gum sensitivity or bleeding.
7. Cost-effective – GBT can reduce the need for costly dental treatments in the future by promoting better oral health and prolonging implant life.
What to Expect During a Guided Biofilm Therapy Appointment
GBT appointments typically take about an hour. The dentist or hygienist will start by examining your teeth and implants to identify any problem areas. They will then use the AIRFLOW, PERIOFLOW, and PIEZON technologies to remove any buildup of bacteria and plaque.
The disclosing solution will be applied to your teeth and implants to highlight any remaining bacteria or plaque. This will be removed with AIRFLOW, PERIOFLOW, and PIEZON technologies, leaving your teeth and implants clean and smooth.
After the cleaning, a polishing paste will be applied to your teeth and implants to give them an extra shine. The dentist or hygienist may also provide you with advice on how to maintain your oral health at home, such as brushing and flossing techniques.
Dental implants are a major investment in your oral health and wellbeing. By taking care of them with regular dental checkups and cleanings, you can ensure their longevity and avoid costly replacements. Guided Biofilm Therapy is an advanced dental hygiene treatment that offers a minimally invasive, patient-friendly approach to cleaning teeth and implants. guided biofilm therapy By using AIRFLOW, PERIOFLOW, and PIEZON technologies, GBT removes harmful bacteria and plaque, reducing the risk of implant failure and promoting healthy gums and teeth. So, if you have dental implants, consider incorporating Guided Biofilm Therapy into your oral health routine to keep them clean and healthy for years to come.